Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Well my first week of inpatient is behind me. It went by pretty fast. I just hope I am here for many more weeks. I have however experienced several annoyances.

1)I had to request that a particular nurse be removed my case. She screwed up my medication. Thankfully I have enough of a background in Rx's that I could correct her. She couldn't keep my monitoring on schedule. High risk means I am dependant on those scans...The list of trespasses go on. I was happy to know that I am not the only person that has problems with her.

2) And the cleaning lady, very sweet lady, keeps shang hai-ing my wash clothes and towels. Clean or dirty, doesn't matter. She takes them to be laundered. The nurses are supposed to refill them, I think. It's really distressing to look forward to your daily shower and realize that you are soaking wet with only your dirty clothes to dry off. Lesson learned finally-I had my own towels from home brought to me.

3) The bottom of the table that slides over your bed is booby-trapped. Very sharp edges. I need knee pads, it keeps cutting the crap out of me.

I shouldn't complain too much. I do get to see my dr. everyday. The rest of the nursing staff is fantastic. I look forward to them coming in and talking to me. There are nursing students that get to come in and ask questions. They are always eager to talk!

No comments: