Friday, January 16, 2009

Babies

Unfortunately we are going to lose baby Maya. This is why no one has heard from me in a while. She was born with diseased kidneys. She was transferred to UTMB in Galveston. We are very sad about Maya, she is so beautiful. We knew from the day she was born she wasn't going to make it very long. They can keep her on life support for a while but she is very very sick. The drs. said she wouldn't have made it to full term. We are so happy we got to meet her.
Iris is doing very well. She is being fed and breathing on her own with minimum supports. She is beautiful and looks just like her daddy! She has a spirit that seems to tell us she will do enough living for the both of them. Fingers crossed that Iris's time here is uneventful and speedy!

We love both of our girls very much!

4 comments:

David, Meredith, and Luke said...

I know you don't know me, but I've been praying for you and your sweet babies. I'm a friend of Jackie's and I've been following your blog. I'm so glad that Iris is doing well, and I'm so sorry the Maya is sick. Please know that you're being lifted up in prayer as you go through this time of happiness and heartache.

Andy Crawford said...

Oh, Meredith...that is so amazing of you to pray for Stavey and her family. I obsessively check Stacey's blog a couple of times a day to hope for an update. Deah, a co-worker, and I talked about twins this week. Stacey, you should ask Deah about twins. I bet she will have advice for you. Deah has advice on everything...I need to talk to her more often.

So Stacey, I pray that God gives you the strength to not only be a new mom, but to love both of your daughters for as long as they are with us.

Although we haven't known each other long, know that I think about you and your family everyday and hope God will give you the strength you need to make it though this.

Jackie

p.s. - So, just so you know, you can YELL at your husband about anything for the next 6 months and blame it on the hormones or whatever. =)

Oh wait, I guess my time is up. HA HA!

Regina said...

Hey Stacy! I'm so sorry about Maya! I can't imagine what you are going through but if you need a listening ear I'm here. It's important that you celebrate as well as grieve her. Love you!

Lyndsi said...

Stacy, I am so sorry. I have been checking for updates from you almost daily as I pray for you and your family. I know that you must be experiencing so many conflicting emotions. I pray that God would give you peace and strength. I praise him for the blessing of Iris and for welcoming Maya home.